This weekend is the annual Festival of Skalds in Angora, Minnesota. Did you even know we HAVE a renaissance faire up here? We are so lucky! Last year was my first trip to a Ren Faire of any kind, and I wonder how the heck it took me this long. I knew right away I was BORN for this!! I even applied to be a vendor, and will be there this weekend! 🙂 Hope to see you there! I’ll be reading fortunes with my tarot decks, and selling bags, pouches, and jewelry galore. Come check it out- you’ll be glad you did. Here are a few things I’ll be selling:
Here’s some info from their website https://ironrangerarts.com/festival-of-skalds.
Join us for a weekend of Olde Norse Merriment – Follow us on Facebook for the most up to date info! ( https://www.facebook.com/events/444884474027942 )
Skalds were the keepers of Viking history and the great storytellers of their people.
The Festival of Skalds is an Olde Norse themed event that includes:
- Merchants of Handcrafted Wares
- Vendors of Tasty Morsels
- Ancient Games and Reenactments
- Entertainment of Medieval Sorts
- and Archery!
Saturday and Sunday, August 13-14,2022, 10a-5p both days
8182 Carpenter Rd
Angora, MN 55703
Entrance Fee, Only $5.00 per adult 13+, $1.00 kids 12 and under (or FREE with a canned good donation
All canned goods will be donated to the Cook Area Food Pantry in Cook, MN.
(Our 2021 Festival collected 2 large boxes of items for the food pantry and a cash donation. Thank you for all the contributions.)
2022 Craft Vendors:
- Iron Ranger Arts – All things Primitive, Archery, Historical Replicas, Leather Goods, etc. – www.ironrangerarts.com
- Drew’s Blades – Blacksmith – Knives, Swords, Axes, and Spears – look for “Drew’s Blades” on Facebook
- Inkling – Books of Adventure and related items – www.thervhodge.com
- Custom Koztumez – Unique one of a kind renaissance garments, accessories, Jewelry, and leather too.
- Natures Treasures MN – Hand Crafted Wood Burned Art, Cribbage Boards, Hand Crafted Jewelry made with Natural Stones – www.naturetreasuresmn.com
- Tamarack Farms – Goat Milk Soap, Buckwheat Hull Pillows, Bamboo and Hemp Washcloths, Recycled Fabric Rugs, and Wooden Clipboards
- Mythical Menagerie – Fantasy Poeable Art Dolls, Fantasy Watercolor prints, Fantasy Watercolor Stickers, Fantasy Pendants – www.mythicalmenagerie.com
- Henna by Anya – Henna body art and resin fantasy figurines.
- Art by Sarah Riley – Original Paintings and Prints, Ornaments, and Norse Rune Readings – artbysarahriley.smugmug.com
- Art from Ann to Zak – Original Pastel creations, Prints and Greeting Cards, and Hand carved Wooden Spoons – www.annsolyst.com
- Pajari Girl, LLC – Jewelry, Suncatchers, Horeshoe Art, Photography, Metal Stamping, Bird Feeders, and Tarot – www.pajarigirl.com
- Arachne’s Garden – Nalebinding (the oldest know method of creating fabric from yarn, sometimes referred to as “Viking Knitting”) Nalebinded hats, mittens, pouches, etc. Also handcrafted herbal soaps, creams, and salves. Blacksmithed Tools and Survival Gear – @arachnes_garden on Instagram
- Magical Musings Books – Handmade journals, wood-burned gifts (boxes, spoons, coasters, wall hangings, boards, fabric and leather), runes (wood and stone), and pendulums – www,magicalmusingsbooks.com
- Heidi’s Haus – Cold-processed soaps, beeswax candles, balms, and broom corn fly swatters – facebook.com/heidishaus
- Darlene Hodge Books – Books and Story Tellings – www.darlenehodge.com
- Out of Water Mermaids – Aquatic Trinkets and Mermaid Treasures
- Northern Gnomology – Handmade Gnomes from the North
- Down to Earth Designs – Wood Burnt Designs on Mushrooms and Diamond Willow, Granite Etchings, and Jewelry
- North Central Gems and Minerals – Gems, Stones, and Minerals of all sorts
- Lan-Da-Cre – Empress of the Fairie Realm brings you her Jewelry, Dragon Eggs, art, Costumes, Tiaras, and Wands
- Valhalla Ridge Farms – Apothecary Medicine, Candles, Soaps, Gnomes, Willow Baskets, Pickled Dragon Eggs, and more.